Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Dizmation "Aves Nocturna: 3"

We live in an interesting time when it comes to popular music; where genres and time periods can merge into single lovely expressions of one's own personal style. This is the case with Dizmation's "Aves Nocturna." From the (long but not too long) string opening harkening back to 18th century style, to the opening classic-synth arpeggios, to the folk-like vocals and abstract lyrics hinting at the college-rock of the 80's and 90's, there's a lot going on in this four-minute track.


The lyrics have a poeticism that appeals greatly to me, "from here on out we'll try a little harder, we can't let it get you down; I know we're always seconds from disaster; we can't let it show 'cause we live here..."

Dizmation is an artist that seems to thrive in the cracks of genre and style, I find his singing voice very pleasing and the lyrics are the selling point. If I had one gripe, I would have liked the strings to come back in a prominent way (they do play the same harmonies in the chorus) but I'm just being nit-picky. Have a listen to Aves Nocturna: 1, 2 & 3 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment