Tuesday, February 1, 2022

December Fades "Waiting"



I was lucky enough to get an advance copy of the new single (titled "Waiting") out by Kevin Rogers, better known by his artist name: "December Fades." On the surface, the song is an awfully pretty ballad full of heartfelt longing, perhaps the object of the song's affection is slightly idealized, but I say "hey, isn't that what passionate love is supposed to feel like?" It makes me think of a modern troubadour piece; like if Bernart de'Ventadorn were alive today, I imagine he'd be a fan of December Fades. 


Probably the coolest thing about this tune (outside of the soaring vocals) is the lovely piano that alternates between high-frequency pulses and pretty arpeggios. The arrangement is ethereal, I  really enjoy the open space making room for the synth pads and pulsating bass parts that accompany heartfelt lyrics. Some might call it a "soundtrack" song, which is something I'd agree with - along the vein of "Exit Music to a Film" - which is always a plus in my book. 

The song drops on Feb 11, 2022 (just in time for Valentine's Day and all of your special Spotify mixes fellas). In the meantime, check out his BandCamp, and keep updated with all things December Fades here

No comments:

Post a Comment