Monday, February 21, 2022

Adam McClelland "Down"

One thing I've always appreciated about Country music has been the shared cultural references to the rather stark beauty, and indeed romanticism of what it means to live away from the city. As someone who currently resides in a small rural community, I can tell you, the thought of leaving this place is one of the most unappealing things I can come up with. So, when I heard Adam McClelland's "Down," a love song just as much about a girl as it is about country life, I felt a certain kinship happening. 

McClelland's voice is strong and gruff at times - accompanied perfectly by distorted guitars in the chorus. The rhythm of the song both lyrically and musically keeps a toe-tapping tempo ideal for live situations or blaring out of your pickup why you ignore the speed limit through county roads at 2am. It's a great sound, and something that I hope we get a lot more of in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment