Thursday, February 17, 2022

CerVon Campbell "DND"

I was first exposed to CerVon Campbell's music a while ago when I heard "Cedar Falls," and became so taken by the uniqueness of the instrumentation underneath a really lovely vocal riff. It was like hearing pop-RnB with this beautiful indie-rock edge. 


As cool as that track was, though, I have to say that Mr. Campbell has outdone himself in loveliness with this current track: "DND," which, much to my chagrin is NOT about Dungeons and Dragon (shucks). Rather, it's a heartfelt expression of loneliness and finding hope with one of the sweetest acoustic guitar accompaniments ever. It's an intimate sound, which is bolstered by the album art of two hand-drawn fellows sitting on logs around a campfire.

CerVon's voice is clear and very apt in this song - I feel as though he's really grown as a vocalist. I hope he continues in this vein; it's fantastically authentic, and God knows we need more of that in our modern music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment