Tuesday, April 20, 2021

The Little Wretches "All of My Friends"

 Longtime Pittsburgh fixture, The Little Wretches released "All of My Friends" in February of 2021. The band is billed as folk/punk which is an apt description of their sound. The chief performer and songwriter is Robert Wagner, who has a prolific library of albums and songs. This tune is upbeat and optimistic in tone - major guitar chords and a nicely paced backbeat - yet the lyrics portray a slightly more cynical view of the modern world. Essentially, saying "all of my friends are misfits in some way." 


The music video is fun and visually engaging. It's also super nice to have the lyrics on screen. Overall, I'm glad that this band hasn't fizzled out the way so many in the game for decades have. I'm heartened to see that, what was so long only a young man's game (popular music) has matured with the pioneers who made it what it is. The Little Wretches have released their latest album "Undesirables and Anarchists" which contains "All of My Friends." 

No comments:

Post a Comment