Monday, April 19, 2021

HeIsTheArtist "If I Were a Virgin Again"

 I've been pretty open (in my other media) about having a religious conversion story. The voice of God was something that I just couldn't ignore or explain away any longer. It seems I'm not the only one - HeIsTheArtist is a Christian singer and songwriter from Central Islip, NY. He came to Christian music after hearing an inspiring sermon by TD Jakes and never looked back. He's out with a new song titled "If I Were a Virgin Again" - quite the provocative thought. Let's listen below:


HeIsTheArtist has a very interesting style - it's a beautiful beat, complete with pitched-up vocals as part of the accompaniment. His vocal style is more confusing though; something of a meandering stream-of-consciousness (and see, this is where I'm worried that my ears are too old - I also don't understand the mumble-rap phenomenon). From a mixing standpoint, the vocals are a little too "out in front" for my taste but the sentiment of the song and the heartfelt way it's performed is meritable. I have a feeling that HeIsTheArtist is someone that I'll probably have to come back to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment