Sunday, April 11, 2021

Jeremy Parsons "Something Other Than You Are"

 Once in a while, I like to dig a little deeper into an artist after my initial discovery of one song - I was very pleased to stumble across this gem by Jeremy Parsons, who you might recall from my post of his song "One of a Kind." 

"Something Other Than You Are" seems right in line with his sense of poetic verse. This song's instrumentation is quite a bit more consistent all the way through which gives a sort of jam-like quality; it's the perfect backdrop for Parsons's sweet baritone. The song imagines the various incarnations a person might become if they were, well, not a person. It's an upbeat ballad that has a somewhat sentimental feel to it. I could envision (and I mean this as a compliment) this track being played to children as part of a music singing curriculum. And this is a market that is far underappreciated by creators - that there can be wholesome music for families, schools, and churches. 



No comments:

Post a Comment