Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Yona Marie "Take Me to the Moon"

I remember coming into adulthood in the late ''90s/early 2000's - not only did I grow up on pop RnB and Hip-Hop, but I also noticed the changing roles of women in society. If you're ever curious, you could look at the Barbie commercials with the slogan "it's a great time to be a girl." So when I stumbled across Yona Marie's track "Take Me to the Moon," and the description reads: "[a young woman] considers multiple devious approaches that will increase her net worth at the expense of the gentleman she's courting... Combining familiar 90s and early 2000s R&B vibes with sassy and fast-paced vocals" I was quickly intrigued. 

The song is super catchy, with a pulsating triplet feel and gritty quality. Yona's voice is alluring and has a sexy quality that I'm sure will play as well to everyone as it does to me. I enjoy the concept of the lyrics which go pretty deep, but it's a song that would play just as well as a dance-track. So, with a great low end, and a theme that is easily relatable, I imagine Ms. Marie doing quite well with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment