Monday, September 5, 2022

August is Falling "The Simple Plan EP"

I was sitting in my hot tub the other night while listening to an old mix CD of Train, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Three Doors Down, and Kid Rock (you could say it was one of those days). And it dawned on me that I hadn't looked through any of my more obscure bands from my (remote) youth. I remember hearing August is Falling a long time ago and just loving the sound - how authentic it was, like, even though these guys obviously have a sense of humor, it wasn't like the band was some kind of joke. The problem is, as far as I know, AIF had never really released anything commercially.


That is until just this past week - yes, for all of you AIF fans, it's finally here. The Simple Plan EP features five kickass tracks. I wouldn't have known about it, had I not been watching Rick Beato rave on Instagram about how awesome the song "B.T.G.G" was. He was speaking eloquently about how brilliant the suspended plagal cadence following the 2nd inversion of the quartal harmony leading to canonic interpretations of what was obviously a "Dies Irea" a la Berlioz was.  If you have a chance, "The Simple Plan" EP is more than worth your time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment