Saturday, July 24, 2021

Meddafore "All Out Together"

 I remember an interview several years ago, Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) was talking about his "Freaks and Geeks" track. He said that a lot of the best Hip Hop had a strong element of comedy (I'm paraphrasing obviously). So, yeah, Meddafore's new track "All Out Together" brought a smile to my face more than a few times. One of the opening lines was "it's a known fact that crackers look better with cheese..." 


Lyrically, these guys have real talent, and thank God for that (I can't tell you how many radio hits are plagued by lazy lyrics) so it's good to hear some cats whose work ethic is self-evident. Another point of praise I can send to Meddafore is that I'm in LOVE with the industrial-style beat that accompanies their vocals. It almost reminds me of early NIN, but Hip-Hop, which is awesome. Overall, I have to give this song 5 stars; I love the style, it's original, and shows real craftsmanship. I imagine if you give it a listen, you'll feel the same way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment