Saturday, July 17, 2021

Heistheartist "Childish"

Many CMT readers will remember Christian RnB singer/songwriter Heistheartist from his single "If I Were a Virgin Again" which we happily reviewed on this blog. Now, he's back with the new single "Childish." A quirky, modern take on the genre. In many ways, this is an instrumental with interspersed vocal slices that emerge in and out of the track. 



The beat is uptempo and very pleasing - there is a hint of ambient sound in the form of chord-pads lining the background. An electric guitar plucks in its high register while sharp percussion move to the foreground. All the time, there are chantings carrying the tune forward. This is a tricky one for me, and it may be a sign of my age - but, when the lyrics are so obscured by FX and volume, it's hard to form an emotional connection with the sentiment of the track. Don't get me wrong, the song is 100% enjoyable, just maybe a little too modern for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment