Saturday, July 17, 2021

Lady Redneck "I Dented Your Truck"

With a name like "Lady Redneck," I knew I HAD to give this artist a listen. Her real name is Stephanie Lee, hailing from Texas just reinforcing her country roots. The song is a cute but dirty-sounding blues grind. I have to say, that the innocent voice of Ms. Lee sounds tongue in cheek but at the same time rather naughty (it doesn't hurt that she's a rather lovely young woman). 



When I first looked at the name of the song, my first instinct was that this was going to be a revenge-on-boyfriend/husband-cheating-song, but it's not that at all. It's a comic but very feminine embrace of  how a woman can comfort her mate "I'll kiss you better...." "I dented your truck" is not a song that takes itself too seriously, at the same time though, there is such an alluring quality to Lady Redneck's performance, that it's hard to *only* laugh.  I really hope that this is a trend in modern country that continues

No comments:

Post a Comment