Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Erin Fox "Very Far"

Have you ever heard an original song, and thought to yourself: "I know I've heard this before, but I just can't quite place it?" This was the Deja Vu-type moment when I switched on Philidelphia-based singer/songwriter Erin Fox's "Very Far." It's like this beautiful amalgamation of sweet French pop-musicals (a la "Umbrellas of Cherbourg") and Portishead's "Third." But the song "Very Far" is so original in its own right as well, kind of like the way fashion comes back but with a modern twist.


Erin Fox's voice is sweet and crisp - with easily discernable enunciation paving a road of beautiful and mysterious lyrics. I would be remiss if I did not comment on the beautifully produced music video as well (see above). 


This is yet just one more example of the plethora of talent available to us from the rise in social media. Young talented people are able to produce content that rivals the best (and indeed, surpasses) what's available in the corporate record world. For fans of female-fronted-indie-intelligent music, Fox is a welcome and enriching addition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment