Monday, May 3, 2021

CerVon Campbell "Cedar Falls"

From the opening guitar plucks/strums, my first thought was this was going to be a kind of Modest Mouse-inspired song a-la "Good News for People Who Love Bad News." Then some more effected RnB/Hip Hop vocals coming in kind of threw me for a loop. The crazy thing is, though, that the Modest Mouse comparison is actually an apt one in my opinion. It's a very stream-of-consciousness type of track that CerVon Campbell has going here. Plus, there seem to be a lot of genre-defying aspects to "Cedar Falls" - obviously rock, pop, dream-pop, and punk rock.

I've actually had to listen to this thing a few times - I love the energy of "Cedar Falls." The live feel of the track is so refreshing in a world of digital loops (not that there's anything wrong with them, it's just nice to hear something different). I think for fans of bands like "His Name is Alive" There's a lot here - if you're on a road trip, this song is a must. . 



No comments:

Post a Comment