Saturday, April 20, 2019

SUN J - DILLI (Delhi)

It seems that Hip Hop now (like its predecessor, Jazz) has truly graduated into a global phenomenon. It's not to say that there wasn't Hip Hop and Rap made by people outside the Western World before the current culture, there was; but I'm continually astounded by the level of sophistication and raw talent coming out of the Eastern Hemisphere currently.


Enter Sun J and his tune "Dilli." Sadly, my Hindi is limited to phrases like "Me tola tola Hindi samashtahu - that was my best phonetic attempt) but even though I can't make out the phrases, this song is banging catchy.  Not just that, the video is sharp and well shot with plenty of action and a view would be time well spent.

It's an upbeat track with some spooky keys supporting the fast-paced lyrics. Mr. J seems to be describing life in one of the worlds largest cities (Delhi) and the shots show various members of that communities underclass. Watching this actually sent me down a rabbit hole of Desi Hip-Hop's channel that kept me entertained for about an hour. Find more about Sun J here: http://www.khatarnaak.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment