Thursday, March 24, 2022

Buddy Greenbloom "(Better Off) I Remember Those Times"

Recently I had the pleasure of sitting down and talking with Buddy Greenbloom about his newest release "I Remember Those Times." Not only a gentleman, but highly knowledgable about studio production/engineering, AND a native of Tempe, AZ, where I got my start as a musician. Among other things we discussed were 80's new wave, finding soul in music, and his journey as an artist. 


One thing I love about talking to living/working musicians is really getting to the heart of what makes them want to create. It seems that buddy, like me, draws huge inspiration from those musicians who came before. "I Remember Those Times" contains the best parts of classic country, from the steel slide guitar to Greenbloom's twangy baritone, it's a heartfelt homage to the early Willie Nelson and Hank Williams style grit that just shines as a uniquely American art form. It is part of an album, a larger project that is set to release soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment