Friday, November 18, 2022

Artist Interview "Ahmed Abdurahimli"

 Hello readers, for this week's interview we have producer and composer Ahmed Abdurahimli

MW: Mr. Abdurahimli, thank you so much for doing this

AA: My pleasure. Thanks

MW: I was really taken with your remix of Tove Lo's "2 Die 4," what made you want to tackle that song?

AA: From the moment that Tove Lo 2 "Die 4"  released, I loved listening to that music and thought that I should remix this song in a different way and genre.

MW: Probably, what's so funny about "2 Die 4," for me, is that it quotes the famous "Popcorn" melody - which is not a small statement at all since it's been a long time in the electronic music canon. Did that have anthing to do with your interest in the track?

AA: I have been listening to Popcorn music since I was a child and I really liked it. Different versions of this music were created since that time when it was released in back 1950s . The original version of the Tove Lo - 2 Die 4 song used the melody of the "Popcorn"  song in the chorus and I felt this music close to me. Cause this song is also my childhood memories. 

MW: A lot of my readers are producers. Can you talk about your setup?

AA: My headphones are Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohms, my speakers are M-Audio BX5 D3, my audio interface is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3 rd Gen), and my midi keyboard is Samson Graphite M25

MW: Do you have any favorite gear or software?

AA: I currently produce my music with Fl Studio and its my  favorite one . In the future, I'm thinking of learning Ableton Live too.

MW: What's the live scene like where you are?

AA: At the moment I am not taking a stage at any venue. But in the future, I am thinking of taking the stage as a DJ at festivals and clubs.

MW: Anthing on the horizon for the near future?

AA: I am currently working on an EP album. After finishing the album, I plan to release it in the near future. In addition, we will collaborate with some of our musician friends

MW: Please let us know where we can find more about you

AA: You can listen to my musics by typing Ahmed Abdurahimli in the search engine on music platforms and YouTube. You can also follow my @ahmedabdurahimli instagram page.

MW: Best of luck with everything you're doing

AA: Well, thank you for the interviewing me and for the interest of my music. Best Regards !

No comments:

Post a Comment