Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Danjul "Drama"

Admittedly, I'm past the age where the rave-scene or dance club is right for me (outside of being a DJ or manager). I am not so old, however; that I've forgotten those halcyon days of pulsating lights, sweaty bodies, drunken flirtation, and of course the music. Frankly, I'm rather grateful for songs that give me nostalgic flashbacks to that period of my life. So I was thrilled to hear Danjul's newest track "Drama"


I guess the first thing that jumps out to me is the beautiful buzz-saw-like synth leads cut through the mix, almost like the beat is screaming "Dance!" Seriously, the track is expertly produced with continuous energy, yet so varied from line to line, that there's not a dull part of the song. Of course, no matter how good the beat is, "Drama" wouldn't work without equally matched vocals, and here Danjul delivers in spades. The melody is unrefined in the best possible way - like Michael Jackson always sounded like Michael Jackson, but at the same time he was a great singer - this is the kind of vibe I get from him. 

To learn more about Danjul, visit his website here

No comments:

Post a Comment