Monday, July 18, 2022

Chris Sunfield "ANTON"


One of my earliest ambitions was to be a great composer of orchestral music. I remember staying up late into the early morning as a teenager trying to write something that would move people the way I was moved when hearing my favorite pieces, and like most people obsessed, I shunned a great deal of the world around me in pursuit of my passions.


So, when I came across Chris Sunfield's song "Anton," which I hear was penned during a migraine-induced haze (and can only assume is about Dvorak) - I felt a certain kinship with the title character in the track. The tune itself is a lovely folk-ballad building to beautiful orchestral swells and a heartwarming story told through poetic lyrics. Better yet, the song comes with an engaging and sweet music video (which I hope you've already watched). This is the first track I've heard from Chris Sunfield, but I'm hoping it won't be the last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment