Friday, March 25, 2022

Mighty PLUTO "The Sophisticated Savage (Official Animated Short Film)"

One thing about the proliferation of YouTube and other video sharing social media is that there has been a deluge of cheaply made music videos in an attempt to get music out there (I am guilty of doing this myself) from the lyric video to the stock-footage video, and everything in between. So I was incredibly surprised and happy to see a wonderfully done stop-motion claymation short film video with a banging soundtrack by Mighty PLUTO. It's clear to see the creative forces behind this work took their craft seriously and put the necessary time and talent into the task. The piece chronicles the story of a young woman rescued from certain torture.


The song itself is quite modern and has a vibe I can get behind (get the F out of my way). If I had one gripe it might be that the song is too short, but this is just me being nit-picky, and hey, it did leave me wanting more. Speaking of which, I would be curious to see what these cats do with their obviously bright future.  


No comments:

Post a Comment