Sunday, June 26, 2022

EVindie "It's You"

A tempting square-wave bass and pulsating rhythmic glitch sounds are wonderfully employed in EVindie's newest track "It's You." The instrumentation is very akin to what you might hear in modern Hip Hop/Pop/RnB but what really ties everything together is EVindie's sensual-signature breathy voice, and sexy lyrics. There's a lot that admirable about "It's You," I like the call-back to 80's song structure (Think Eurythmics) with synthetic pops that carry the tune, I also like the character of Eve's voice keeping me on the edge of my seat. I think the thing I love most about this song is the cascading vocal-pads during the breaks, it's like we're awash in angels and you don't want to go back. But nothing that beautiful lasts forever, thank goodness there is the "repeat" button :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment