Saturday, January 8, 2022

The McKenzie FIX "Don't Feed on Me"

Here's something interesting I've come across - a new track by UK-based act "The McKenzie FIX" - we'll get to that in a second. First, though, I thought I'd remark on one of my passions as a songwriter/composer, that is, a mild obsession with period sounds (be it Ancient music, Romantic, or 1950's pop). I've always wanted to achieve a realistic sound but found it just out of my reach. 


This is why I'm somewhat jealous of "The McKenzie FIX" - here is an accurate arrangement of a more archaic sound from the aforementioned 1950's pop genre with a very robotic (yet stylish) voice singing melancholy lyrics about existence. This creates for quite the cognitive dissonance on the part of the listener and to that, I say, is the foundation of poetry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment