Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Fdn Jusu "Into the Sunset"

Sometimes I wish real life had Hollywood-film endings. Like, think about the way stories in film tend to wrap up, the main character says something clever or profound, and then BOOM; credits roll. It's a great way to think about consequence-free resolutions. 

So, today I stumbled across Fdn Jusu's new track "Into the Sunset" (and may I just take a moment to remark how badass this cat looks in his cowboy hat), a very melancholy ballad about heartache and hurt. It made me think deeply regarding how all of our conflicts are never really final - just ongoing. For me, I would cherish a life-story where I could in fact ride off "into the sunset," but we have obligations and people depending on us. In short, our story HAS to continue. Fdn Jusu has a terrifically modern sound, heavily reverbed and auto-tuned, but sings passionately which cuts through any FX. Check out his other ballads and songs on his AppleMusic page here

No comments:

Post a Comment