Saturday, August 28, 2021

Mowille "Ride N Roll"

I had the pleasure of sitting down with Nigerian/UK hip hop artist Mowille as part of the "Ensnaring the Muse" series and I have to say he's an interesting cat. Bringing genuine African vibes to an American style of music (rap/trap) fostered in England makes for a unique, but at the same time, worldly sound. To me, Mowille's music is very much a snapshot of 2021 - much in the same way that Parlement's music makes us think of the 1970s. In the interview, we discussed "Ride N Roll."


Of course, the listener gets to see the human side of the artists here. With a Spotify lineup that is doing extremely well, Mowille comes off as genuine and humble. For my part, I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for this guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment